Development and Indigenous land: a human rights approach (2002) is a joint publication of HREOC and Griffith University.
The following materials were developed developed from a forum entitled 'Resource Development on Aboriginal Land; a Human Rights Approach', which took place in Alice Springs in May 2002. The forum was co-hosted HREOC and Griffith University, with participants including representatives from Indigenous communities, mining companies and NGOs.
Within this section you can access information on:
- The Principles: "Development and Indigenous Land: A Human Rights Approach"
- A proposal to hold a forum to develop principles on Resource Development on Indigenous land;
- Agreement-Making in Australia: Summary Information on a Selection of Native Title and Other Agreements;
- Human Rights Based Approach to Mining on Aboriginal Land;
- Frameworks for Negotiation of Mining Agreements - Corporate Social Responsibility;
Image: Forum participants, hosts and facilitators at the Alice Springs Red Centre
Co-hosted by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Justice Commissioner and Griffith University