- The National Information Service will be closed on Friday 10 August 2018. We will reopen on Monday 13 August 2018, at 10am Sydney Time.
STANDARD OPENING HOURS:
The National Information Service's opening hours are Monday to Friday, between 10am and 4pm AEST.
The National Information Service (NIS) provides information and referrals for individuals, organisations and employers about a range of human rights and discrimination issues. This service is free and confidential.
The NIS can:
- give you information about your rights and responsibilities under federal human rights and anti-discrimination law
- discuss whether you may be able to make a complaint to the Commission or how the law might apply to your situation
- give you information about how to make a complaint, respond to a complaint or deal with specific discrimination issues
- refer you to another organisation that may be able to help you, if we can't
Please note that the NIS is unable to provide legal advice.
To make a complaint online go to: online complaint
You can contact the NIS by:
Phone: 1300 656 419 or 02 9284 9888
Fax: 02 9284 9611
Online for small businesses: Small Business Enquiry Form
TTY: 1800 620 241 (toll free)
National Relay Service: 1300 555 727 (Speak and Listen) or www.relayservice.gov.au/
Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450 or www.tisnational.gov.au/
Note: We will use the information you provide to consider and respond to your enquiry. Any personal information will be used and stored in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).